Premium
Menu

A newspaper left on top of a heater caused a fire at a house in Great Lever.

Date published: 09 February 2012


Firefighters from Bolton and Farnworth stations were called out to the blaze in the annex of a house on Green Lane at 1.30pm on Tuesday, February 7.

Six firefighters in breathing apparatus tackled the fire with a hose reel.

They used a fan to clear the smoke once the fire was out.

A 46-year-old woman got out of the fire safely but slipped on ice as she met firefighters arriving and hit her head.

She was treated by paramedics at the scene for shock and an injury to her head but she did not want to go to hospital.

The crews carried out a Home Safety Check for the woman once the fire was out, gave her some fire safety advice and fitted some smoke alarms.

For more information about using electrical equipment safely, please go to www.manchesterfire.gov.uk/fire_safety_advice/home_fire_safety/electrical_equipment.aspx

For a Home Safety Check, which may include GMFRS fitting up to two free smoke alarms, please go to www.manchesterfire.gov.uk/fire_safety_advice/home_fire_risk_assessments.aspx 

 or call 0800 555 815


Advertisement

Enhanced Listings